Every NFL Team’s top MVP candidate for 2023 season
Patrick Mahomes won his second NFL MVP award in 2022 and is the unanimous favorite to repeat, but we all know there are upsets in the all-time MVP race. This time last year Jalen Hurts was +3000 to win the MVP award and almost won the award, and that bet would have been cashed if he hadn’t been hurt near the end of the season.
Here you have determined the player on each team with the best MVP odds. Maybe there’s a team you think would be a surprise contender, or you think it’s been a very long time since someone from your favorite team won the award, or maybe you’re just a gambler like me and want to find valuable early offseason before the trade market, free agency, and draft shake things up. .
Here are the DraftKings Sportsbook MVP odds.
Odds of winning the NFL MVP award in the 2023 season
1. Patrick Mahomes (+650) – Kansas City Chiefs
You can give it every year, but will voters get tired of it?
2. Joe Borough (+700) – Cincinnati Bengals
Burrow didn’t make it back to the Super Bowl, but he came very close. He would continue to win and individual prizes would follow. They just need to make sure they keep Tee Higgins in town.
3. Josh Allen (+750) – Buffalo Bills
Allen was a heavy favorite last season, but a nagging elbow injury seemed to derail his season.
4. Justin Herbert (1000+) – Los Angeles Chargers
Herbert finally made it to the playoffs, and it didn’t go well, but Joe Lombardi knocked out the OC and Kellen Moore in the .
5. Galen Hurts (+1100) – Galen Hurts
Hurts would have been the MVP if he hadn’t been hurt and was easily the MVP of the Super Bowl. It may not be this year, but Hurts will win one in his career.
6. Lamar Jackson (+1,500) – Baltimore Ravens
Will Lamar Jackson even be on Ravens this year? They have a Pro-Bowl quarterback, Tyler Huntley.
7. Tua Tagovailoa (+1,600) – Miami Dolphins
Tua looked like an MVP candidate before a series of dreaded concussions.
8. Aaron Rodgers (+1,600) – Green Bay Packers
Rodgers has never been a bad bet for MVP, but he could be a bad bet to be among the Packers come Week 1. Jordan Love is +3,500.
9. Trevor Lawrence (+1,600) – Jacksonville Jaguars
Lawrence made the jump, he’s an elite guy and now his team is receiving Calvin Ridley and maybe someone else on offense in the draft or free agency.
10. Dak Prescott (+1,800) – Dallas Cowboys
Duck was amazing against Tampa Bay in the playoffs, but Mike McCarthy has taken charge of the game this year.
11. Justin Fields (+2,500) – Chicago Bears
Fields turned Chicago into a must-watch team winning just three games.
12. DeShwan Watson (+3,000) – Cleveland Browns
Watson has played like an MVP candidate before, but even if he did, would MVP voters be willing to give him the nod?
13. Trey Lance (+3,500) – San Francisco 49ers
Will we finally get to see Trey Lance play Kyle Shanahan’s system? Brooke Purdy is +7,500.
14. Geno Smith (+3,500) – Seattle Seahawks
This time last year, Drew Locke had the best odds of anyone in Seattle. Now a year later, Geno Smith is a Pro Bowler (not Tyler Huntley Fake Pro Bowler) and has the same odds as Russell Wilson
15. Russell Wilson (+3500) – Denver Broncos
Denver better hope Shawn Payton can fix this. Wilson ranked eighth in MVP odds at +1500 this time last year.
16. Jared Goff (+4,500) – Detroit Lions
Ben Johnson may be the NFL’s best caller, and it’s huge for Detroit that he didn’t leave to become a head coach.
17. Kenny Pickett (+4000) – Pittsburgh Steelers
The Steelers went 5-1 to finish the year and the only game they lost, Kenny Pickett was injured after attempting one pass. The second big year is coming from Kenny f’ing Pickett.
18. Matthew Stafford (+5000) – Los Angeles Rams
The Rams had a season from hell in 2022 that included Stafford who was injured all year. He only played nine matches.
19. Kirk Cousins (+5,000) – Minnesota Vikings
We already knew all we needed about Kirk Cousins, but this throwback confirmed it:
20. Derek Carr (+5,000) – New Orleans Saints
Well, he’s better than Andy Dalton. How much, I’m not sure.
21. Daniel Jones (+5,000) – New York Giants
Danny Dimes had the best year of his career under Brian Dabul, but still finished the year with only 15 touchdown passes. Now, he is a free agent and reportedly wants $45 million annually.
22. Kyler Murray (+6,500) – Arizona Cardinals
“Hi Alexa, how long does a torn ACL take to heal?”
23. Mack Jones (+6,500) – New England Patriots
Bill O’Brien is back in New England so Mack finally has a real offensive coordinator.
24. Kyle Trask (+7,500) – Tampa Bay Buccaneers
With Anthony Richardson in the draft, Trask wouldn’t be the best first year starting QB from Florida.
25. Sam Howell (+8,000) – Washington leaders
As of now, Howell is the starting Week 1 starter, Ron Rivera said, and he might be the long-term answer at Washington’s QB.
26. Sam Darnold (+8,000) – Carolina Panthers
Panthers owner David Tepper is tired of revamping this team’s QB swings too high in the draft.
27. Jonathan Taylor (+10,000) – Indianapolis Colts
Taylor had a disappointing year in 2022 after his stellar 2021. Could he bounce back and go for 2,000 yards on the Stein Steichen offense with rookie QB?
28. Davis Mills (+10,000) – Houston Texans
Unless the Texans completely screw up the draft or hate all their QB prospects, Mills will be a backup in 2023.
29. Desmond Reader (+10,000) – Atlanta Falcons
We seem to see a jump from the sophomore quarterback every year, and perhaps under Arthur Smith, it will be the Raider who explodes.
30. Ryan Tannehill (+10,000) – Tennessee Titans
Just today it was reported that Tennessee is shopping for Derek Henry, so maybe Tannehill will start airing it?
31. Davante Adams (+15,000) – Las Vegas Raiders
The Raiders need a quarterback after allowing Derek Carr away, but whoever they are they’ll love throwing to Adams who spent his third year in a row with 1,000+ yards passing and 10+ TDs.
32. Garrett Wilson (+20,000) – New York Jets
Wilson is a great receiver and maybe Aaron Rodgers will come to New York and save this team, but then wouldn’t Rodgers be the MVP?
Follow all of Josh Urich’s bets here
Odds are updated periodically and are subject to change.